Sunday, July 4, 2010

Fathers Day



Fathers Day was a big day here. We had both sons here to celebrate Fathers Day and also older son Ken's birthday. It is rare to have both boys here at the same time.




In addition, for a HUGE surprise for hubby Steve, I had pieced the Pansy Park quilt which he had purchased as an anniversary gift about eight years ago. For a long time I resisted making the blocks because I was afraid if I made any mistakes that there would not be enough fabric to make the quilt. Steve has asked somewhat regularly when I was going to make this quilt and I always replied that I will make it when I had more time. No, I don't have more time now than I had then, but at some point I decided to try to get the top made for our anniversary. (Which is July 5th). But then I upped the anty so to speak and decided Fathers Day would be a better time to do the unveiling. So while Steve toiled at his computer, I snuck in piecing blocks. If he emerged from his cave, I quickly threw something over the blocks until he returned. Actually, his cave is his office, but when he has lots of work requests ahead of him, I don't see much of him. By the week before Father's Day the top was nearly complete except for the last two borders. And I had a heck of a time getting those on because that week was the week he stayed up late almost every night either working or reading. Some nights I was sewing on a border at 1:00 AM.


I think he likes it. Now to get it quilted and on the bed!
Judy

1 comment:

Kari said...

It looks like Dad really likes it!! Good job Mom!