Monday, July 7, 2008

About Me



You can tell by the title just what I was into just a few years ago-Dolls! I taught doll making and had several classes each week. I enjoyed dressing the dolls as much as making them, too. Now I dress dolls and piece quilt tops. Soon, I will begin using a short arm and machine quilt some of my UFO's.




The little doll quilt in the first picture is going in an "Bleuette" box for the International Doll Makers Association auction. A Bleuette is the kind of doll that is shown in the picture and was originally made in France for the little girls to dress and learn sewing skills. The matching costume is also in the box which is filled with all kinds of goodies from the members of my doll club-The Heartland Dollers.
This week I finished a lap quilt that I will donate as a fund
raiser to the International Doll Makers Association at their
annual convention. This top was machine quilted on Viking 1+. The label on the back was made on a Viking Designer 1. In the picture is also a small doll quilt that will also be donated to the International Doll Makers Association for the helpers. (And that's me holding the quilts!)
More to come and Thanks for looking!




Judy

No comments: