Sunday, November 14, 2010

A Quilt for Ian


Something I wanted to do for Ian was to make him a quilt. Now I have liked quilts for some time, but this is something I was not doing at the time of older grandson Hunters birth. I looked for sometime for a pattern that I thought Ian's Mom would like, and then I had to find fabric-and that was even harder. What I finally found was a batik print of farm animals in bright pastels. The unfortunate part was that there was only a fat quarter available. So that meant rethinking the pattern. But it all worked out with this pattern.
And of course there needed to be a label on the back so that maybe someday Ian could pass the quilt down to his own son as a family heirloom! You can see the animal print a little better in this picture that was the starting point.

Here is a closer look at the quilt--


And while in the quilt making mode, could not resist a fleece blanket to match the wild animal quilt that went out for Kari's baby shower.

This one should be big enough for his big boy bed in a couple of years. (Grandma's like to think ahead!)

That's all for now. Enjoy!

Judy

No comments: