Friday, January 16, 2009

Quilting and other projects

It's been a while since I posted here. I hope to do better! It has been really cold here, but sounds like it will be better next week. When not working, I have been working on quilting projects. Since the first of the year I have made a table runner and pieced the blocks for the NYE Mystery quilt.






The NYE Mystery was the first I have done in this kind of setting. I had to work on New Years Eve day, so got a late start, but all the blocks are finished and I have tried several settings. The hard part is chosing which one to go with. Take a look at the pictures. What do you think?






Tomorrow is the monthly meeting of my doll club, and we always have lots of fun at the meetings. Our project for the day will be making wallets for the tote bags for the annual convention. I hope we have a good turn out so that we will get this project finished tomorrow. Some of us have cut the fabric already so that we can sit and sew during the afternoon.
At the February meeting, we are to start some lap quilts for a charity project. This is hopefully to help use up some of our collective "stashes".
See you all later!
Judy

1 comment:

Amy said...

lovely quilt, thanks for sharing. have a good one.Amy