Tuesday, January 5, 2010

First Finish for 2010

It's already January 5, 2010. Even tho I know it is really early in the month, it still seems that the month is passing quickly. Part of that is because I will be hosting my doll club meeting on the 16th. Everyone knows how hard it is to keep your house picked up when you would rather be quilting or at least doing something besides housekeeping. So this morning I set my goals to vacuum two rooms plus the hall and a few other "rugs" before I could sit down and sew. When that was done, I remarked the stitching lines on my last "Quilts for Kids" quilt and got busy. I used a silver marking pencil because the border and some of the blocks were black with brightly colored salamanders and the marker I used before would not show up on the black. The problem is that the silver was wearing off before I could get the stitching in. Between marking, and moving the Christmas tree and the table with flowers, I finally finished the quilt up about 10 minutes ago! Hurray! When the last one comes back to me, these will be sent off for a good deed for 2010. Here's a picture of the quilt--

Looks like a good quilt for a boy to me. Now on to the Love in Bloom wall hanging from McCall's Quilting-Jan-Feb 2010 issue and some potholders started from some remnants purchased a year and a half ago.

Happy Quilting!

Judy

No comments: