Friday, January 8, 2010

Snowman in the House



Can you imagine? It's COLD outside. It's cold inside after dark. Not really cold, but cooler. Why do we need a snowman inside? Well, because he's cute and he looks warm with his had and muff and because he's cute! (Yes, I know I said cute twice. Is there a better reason?) This is the first of two and the first to be completed and it's my Mom's. She did the embroidery and helped with the layout on the snowman's face. Some of the rest fell to me.


The pattern is from The Wooden Bear. She does lots of fun things, and this is the second of what I want to do from her repertoire. The first was a hanging that goes on this same rack for Halloween. I call it Boo, but that's not the right name. I believe that was Happy Jack and was in the Fons and Porter Quilt magazine.

When the second Snowman is completed, I'll post pictures of both so you see the differences between them.

I've also been working on a project I call "Katie Squares". That's because the beginning of this project came from my friend Katie. She gave me a bag of small squares ranging in size from 4 7/8" x 5 " to 5x 6". They've been squared up and sewn together and here's a preview of what the quilt top looks like now.


In a day or two, I'll post another picture of the progress made on this quilt. It will be a donation quilt and I think it will turn out nicely.

Keep warm!

Judy

1 comment: